Next: Science is now so complex that we can no longer ask What? We can now only wonder Why?

This Blog used to be about the question: What is Science?
Now, it asks: What is Happiness?







Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Rusinga Run

East Africa is full of amazingly accessible and safe nooks and crannies to get lost in....and have an adventure at the same time.........here's but one..










My return flight to South Africa was booked last Saturday the 24th January. I clean forgot about it. Clearly there's something about Kenya that is controlling where I want to be.

How do I explain the ever present feeling of relaxation I have here. How can I let the doubters feel the incredible sense of personal safety? How do I communicate the warm and constant welcomes we get from ordinary folk every day here?

On the 1st January 2010, my partner, Ida, and I headed 450km inland to Lake Victoria. Ida had previously spent a few days at the Rusinga Island Lodge and while there ran around the island. She was keen to share this experience with me (and I was keen to see the Rusinga Airstrip which I had flown into in my simulated life.)


I filmed some of the moments of our journey there and then some of Ida's repeat half marathon. Needless to say, the cameraman also ran the distance!

21km exactly....Kirsty, the lodge manager, wants to initiate a Rusinga Island Triathlon....

Here are some tasty images from Rusinga.

No comments:

Post a Comment